Little Buffalo & Reeds Gap

We visited the Butterfly Garden at Little Buffalo State Park.  A lady volunteer told us to look under the leaves of the milkweed and I found the cutest little monarch butterfly caterpillar.

IMG_20180812_155343IMG_20180812_155425IMG_20180812_155730

Then we traveled to Reeds Gap State Park to hike for a few miles.  The area where we parked was full of so many wildflowers.  Plus we saw a variety of mushrooms including some we never saw before.

IMG_20180812_171247IMG_20180812_171334IMG_20180812_171410IMG_20180812_174506IMG_20180812_175653IMG_20180812_175809IMG_20180812_180232IMG_20180812_182606IMG_20180809_142927

11 Comments Add yours

1. Irene says:

All great shots. Love the butterflies but the details you got on the mushrooms are amazing. 😊

Liked by 1 person

2. Michelle says:

Those mushrooms are so pretty! I’ve never seen any like that!

Liked by 1 person

1. Tanya says:

Me neither! I’m always so happy to see new ones!

Liked by 1 person

3. Holly G. says:

Absolutely beautiful. Those mushrooms are fascinating. I’ve definitely never seen the likes before in my life 🙂 Nature is incredible!

Liked by 1 person

1. Tanya says:

Thank you! I’m hoping to go hiking soon and see more cool mushrooms. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. I have started taking pictures of mushrooms and have seen a couple like those except for the white one, that is fantastic! Would love to find one of those here. Your pics are fantastic too, showing the detail on those mushrooms so nicely, very well done!! Thanks for sharing.😃🍄😺

Liked by 1 person

1. Tanya says:

Thank you! The white mushroom was a delightful find!

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes, it’s a remarkable mushroom! This is my first year really paying attention to them and I am amazed at all the different varieties.😀🍄

Liked by 1 person