Big Spring & Caledonia State Parks

On Sunday, Steve and I adventured to two State Parks we wanted to visit again.  Plus we passed by a State Forest District Office for the stamp.  We even got to enjoy breakfast at The Tomato Pie Cafe.  Our first hike was to see the partially completed railroad tunnel at Big Spring.

DSC_0016

DSC_0019

DSC_0021

DSC_0024

DSC_0025

DSC_0027

DSC_0029

DSC_0035

DSC_0039

Then we headed over to Caledonia for another hike on the Whispering Pine Nature Trail.  The countryside is really beautiful.

DSC_0043

DSC_0045

DSC_0048

DSC_0052

DSC_0061

DSC_0062

DSC_0064

DSC_0068

DSC_0069

DSC_0071

DSC_0076

DSC_0078

DSC_0082

I loved coming home to our polar bear to snuggle and watch movies.  Perfect way to celebrate my birthday.

IMG_20200105_211605

11 Comments Add yours

1. Stephen Kohl says:

Wanna go back in the summer !!

Liked by 1 person

1. Tanya says:

Can’t wait! 😁

2. Kaya says:

Beautiful place where you can spend the whole day and would like to return back.
    The polar bear is adorable!

Liked by 1 person

3. Happy Birthday Tanya! Wishing you a wonderful year ahead. Just beautiful. I love your photos. The trees are magnificent. So tall and beautiful. You must be very fit to do two walks in one day. I love the beautiful country scenery photos and the forests in New Caledonia are just beautiful. If I ever visit You will have to take me around all of this beauty. Where exactly is New Caledonia located?

Liked by 1 person

1. Tanya says:

Thank you so much. ❤ It’s in Eastern Pennsylvania.

4. I meant Caledonia but it keeps coming up as New Caledonia. Is it in Pennsylvania? Your beautiful photos have made me want to visit.

Liked by 1 person

1. Tanya says:

Wonderful to hear. Pennsylvania is lush and beautiful.

5. Definitely putting it on my bucket list.

Liked by 1 person

6. Happy Belated Birthday!

Liked by 1 person