John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge At Tinicum

I really enjoyed visiting this beautiful park. It’s the largest remaining freshwater tidal wetland near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. What was once 5,700 acres is now around 1,000 acres. It’s just so beautiful and unique! I hope you will enjoy the pictures.  I was excited to see some pretty spring ephemeral flowers to photograph.

dsc_0196

dsc_0214

dsc_0217

dsc_0226

dsc_0231

dsc_0232

dsc_0239

This egret waved to me “see ya later” before taking off.😄

dsc_0240

dsc_0241

dsc_0242

dsc_0243

dsc_0244

dsc_0248

dsc_0249

It’s definitely a wonderful place to explore and find many photo ops for birders and all nature lovers alike.

11 Comments Add yours

1. Catwoods says:

Beautiful pictures, Tanya! The flowering tree, we have one just like it, but it’s only just now starting to flower and we are farther south than you are. Weather patterns have certainly shifted. But, ours is old and we think it may not live much longer. It’s always been called a “Judas tree” here, but I’ve never been sure of the actual species.

Liked by 1 person

1. Tanya says:

Thank you, it is a beautiful tree.

2. Beautiful! Thanks for taking us there!

Liked by 1 person

3. Holly says:

Oh Tanya, this made my day! What an incredible place to be. That’s the kind of de-stressing I believe in. It must have been hard to leave 😉

Wow, I’d love to go there. Thank you for sharing this!

Liked by 1 person

1. Tanya says:

Liked by 1 person

4. This “walk” was especially nice right now – a refreshing break from the high-volume chatter on social media and from looking at the same four walls as we stay home. Thank you!

Liked by 1 person

5. Stephen Kohl says:

Yes that was a wonderful day…hope to return soon ! 💥

Liked by 1 person

6. Your photos are so inviting! If I am ever near Philadelphia, I will certainly look for this spot.
    P. S. Your shot of the egret’s footprints really made me smile.

Liked by 1 person